Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hay Season Started Early / Reid Ranch/ Small Kansas Farm

 

Hay season started early.  The weather was so much warmer then normal so we started cutting hay in early May.  Usually it’s middle of June.  The rains also were not normal as we usually get a lot of rain in April and May, not so this year.  So we started cutting our own hay and were thankful to get a second cutting off of one of our fields.  Our old equipment made it thought another season.  Brian did hay for our neighbors and they helped us put the hay in the barn.  It’s great to know and love your neighbors .  Here in the country, people try to help each other.  What a beautiful life!

 baler 3 001

 


Yesterday I got a lesson on how to shoot a 22 Rifle.  What fun I had!  I wanted to be confident in the use of a Rifle.  Now, I  feel sure of my abilities.   I needed to know how to load and cock a Rifle and then aim and shoot.  I believe all of us need to have that kind of knowledge especially those of us on a farm.   The farm life demands that we know how to use this tool.  A Rifle in my mind is a tool, just as important as a shovel or farm tractor and must be appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment below. We love hearing from you.