Thursday, January 6, 2011

Becky the Pain! Becky the Boss! Remember Becky? Well, she almost was meat. / Midwest Farm Life / Kansas small ranch / Natural products

 

Recently, when Becky was with the other cows, she was acting like a bull and bothers the cows all day, day in, day out for weeks.  This was hurting her utter and milk production and the other cows as well. This might be because four other cows were due to have calves. Maybe she was a little jealous. She doesn’t eat much and won’t let the other cows eat to.  We thought of selling her and then thought she might have to be sent to the butchers!!!!

 DSC02380

Becky, the Jersey Cow, was our first cow and has given us the best milk and butter for 5 years.  She is my favorite cow and her picture is on my soap labels "Carolyn's Natural Soap" and it’s her rich milk that makes my soap so special.  We did not know what to do.

BECKY LOGO3

Udderly Creamy Vanilla web

This last month, we were blessed with four new heifers, I will write about them later. Brian said he’ll give Becky another chance and put her in the calves pen.  Wow, what a differences!  Becky now is at peace.  She will let Brian milk out in the open and her milk is as sweet as ever.  We’ll have to keep her separate from the others to enjoy her gifts to our farm and family. I think she wants to be the boss, but Gurney, our Guernsey cow, wanted to be the boss among the cow herd.  Now, Becky is the boss among the calf herd.  HaHa

Please leave us a comment. We love hearing from you.

and visit

www.carolynsnaturalsoap.com

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering why 2 weeks ago she was in the calf pen, now I know.
    By now you know I made to get my milk and eggs today. I contacted Mona and she let me know how Linn Road was and your drive. Hwy.24 cleared out, our drive was a disaster for my little pea shooter car. Put chains on heavier car, towed out, towed back in.
    Just a note here........when you called to update milk amounts and asked if we needed eggs, I said yes and had you put us down for 2 doz. a week...is that not possible???
    You can email me at pamela@seedsofnutrition my blogs email.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment below. We love hearing from you.