Monday, November 15, 2010

INCREDIBLE HUSBAND Kansas Farm Living / Midwest Small Farming / Natural Ranch Products

 

It’s incredible what my husband is capable of at his 65 years of age.  He climbs the ladder to the roof and walks the planks high in the air.

cows & Brian 034 

I can’t watch!  He holds the trusses with one hand and hammers the nails with the other.  These trusses are made with this old lumber, probably 100 years old, and is much heavier then new lumber.  Without the boom truck I don’t think this addition would have been possible.

milk shed 2 065milk shed 2 086milk shed 2 090milk shed 106

When the trusses were all done and nailed in place, my sister Kathy and husband Dave stacked 1x6x8 feet boards on to the trailer( no board was exact) so Brian could use them to cover the trusses. Each board is unique and needs trimmed or cut to fit in the spot Brian has picked for it.

 milk shed 008milk shed 115

It took Brian several days to complete the roof, but oh how good it looks.

We would love to hear from you. Please post a comment below.

or

Contact US:

reidranchproducts@hotmail.com

www.carolynsnaturalsoap.com

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, I grew up on the farm I now live in, Dad was 40 when I was born and worked hard all his life. I think because of the work he did made him able to still at the age of 78 throw his hay on the trailer and also into the barn by himself. Its the hard work that makes life worth living in my opinion, keep up the good work! :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment below. We love hearing from you.